Journey to Lia

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home at last!!

We are soooo happy to be home. The girls did great on the flight, they both slept for about 6 hours. It was nice to come home to family waiting for us at the airport.

We have had a quiet day. The girls and I finally made it to bed at 1:30am and then Brian and I were up at 5am the girls 6am. It was funny leaving Beijing at 6:00 pm and arriving the same day at 6:45pm.

Ami surprised us today and wanted to go to school so she went for a 1/2 day and then we all slept this afternoon. I have dug out size 2 clothing for Lia which fit better. I had them all out and ready to give away so I am for once glad to not be organized.

Lia is settling in well. She does not like the cat and speaks very loudly to them. I wish I knew what she is saying. She has probably not seen animals before???

Some things I will not miss about China are the really hard beds and the insane taxi rides. I will miss eating out great chinese food for under $15.00 for all of us.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I couldn't believe how hard the beds actually were in China. It's like sleeping on the boxspring! Glad to hear that you had a good flight and are setting in well.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home !!
    A.K.T.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Hopefully the jetlag won't be too bad.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I loved the beds! lol So glad you are all home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete