Journey to Lia

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Exit "No" and enter "Why"....one year later.

We have hit our one year mark of meeting Lia. Somehow time has dulled all the crazyier moments of our trip and first difficult months home. I have been rather neglectful of my blog, too busy having fun. Brian went back to work after his 37 week parental leave and I am into my unpaid parental leave until Lia starts school in Sept. Its hard to believe our house was once quiet! We have all changed a lot in the last year, the pendulum of life not swinging quite so much.

I have to give a lot of credit to Ami. So kind and patient with her little sister. Growing up much to fast. Our little fashionista who is overjoyed at being over 48 inches and can go on the big rides at Canada's Wonderland. I miss having her home during the weekdays but she is far too smart to stay home with me.





And Lia, what can I say......makes us laugh hard every day. Asking where is her big bum to hold up her pants (they always fall down as she has the teeniest bum) and why she cant get the clouds down to lick them. She is out of the "no" phase and heavy into "why". Or shall I say "why", ""why", "why". Usually around 4-5pm I have to tell her she is out of questions for the day or I will soon be crazy !!!!


The girls still share a bed, everyone is happy, mostly Ami. It is so much fun to hear them giggle when they are supposed to be sleeping.  They share really well although I draw the line at them trying to share using the toilet at the same time!!

5 comments:

  1. So good to see an update on your family. The girls have grown so much and are so precious. Amazing isn't it, how much can change in one year? Glad we got to share it with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I read about them trying to share the toilet. Both of my girls race there and try to be the first in the morning and while one is doing her busy, the other is trying to climb on too!

    Our girls share a room too, and I love listening to them giggle and call out to each other. Our oldest always reminds me before leaving their room after tucking them in to "give hugs and kisses to Mary too, Mama". Is there anything more beautiful than sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG enough "why" already! We've had 6 months of why, and it drives us a bit bananas, too. So we like to turn the tables on Leah, and ask HER "why" seven times, and then we all crack up! She gets the joke.

    Your girls are precious and beautiful. Thanks for the update.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ran across your blog. Cute girls!

    Blessings,
    Anonymous

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Your daughters are beautiful and have pretty smiles. They are cute, and adoreble. I am glad the girls are getting along well. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete